Schizophrenia: Three Moms in the Trenches
Getting Help:Low Points, Wild Goose Chases and Lifelines
January 20, 2021
- Q: Describe one of your lowest points as schizophrenia progressed in your son - how did you survive?
- Q: Were there “wild goose chases” while trying to figure out what is happening?
- Q: Describe a moment of hope / accomplishment - what was working ?
- Getting Help: "SEARCH"
- Support - emotional, practical - how to feel less alone
- Education - Books, Classes
- Acceptance - how to get there, stay there?
- Resilience - building the skills
- Communication skills - what helps not make things worse?